Insurance Regulatory & Corporate Law
The Insurance Regulatory & Corporate Law practice at Mette, Evans & Woodside provides comprehensive representation to those engaged in the business of insurance, including insurance companies and fraternal benefit societies, insurance producers (individuals and agents), reinsurers, third party administrators, and others.
The legal landscape pertaining to the business of insurance is constantly evolving. There are changes in risks, changes in regulations, changes in decisional law, and changes in technology, all of which necessitate business practice shifts. Our attorneys work to identify and understand these ongoing changes, and stand ready to help insurance clients understand and overcome them.
We regularly assist our clients with transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters, including but certainly not limited to:
- Obtaining regulatory approval for the licensure and expansion of insurance carriers across multiple jurisdiction utilizing the UCAA form filing process;
- Obtaining regulatory approval of acquisitions, as well as other insurance holding company filings (Forms A, B, D, E, F, etc.);
- Drafting and negotiating all types of insurance related agreements, reinsurance, program administrator, and producer agreements, among others;
- Obtaining regulatory approval of policy forms and rates;
- Guiding clients through and serving as the point of contact for communications with regulators generally;
- Providing advise with respect to underwriting, claims handling, and other issues facing our clients on a daily basis;
- Assisting clients respond to and manage regulatory inquiries of various types, including market conduct and financial examinations;
- Seeking recovery for clients with claims in insurance company receivership and insolvencies;
- Helping licensees to respond to and resolve enforcement inquiries; and
- Representing clients in litigation, including with respect to breach of contract, statutory bad faith, unfair trade practices and similar claims
Our experienced Insurance Regulatory & Corporate Law team includes one of three Pennsylvania members of the Federation of Regulatory Counsel, a multi-national association of lawyers who have significant experience in the practice of insurance regulatory law.
Insurance Regulatory & Corporate Law Attorneys
Geographic Regions Served
Harrisburg • Lancaster • York • Philadelphia • Pittsburgh • State College • Altoona • New Jersey